Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hats Off to You

Hats were once wearable art forms here today, gone tomorrow. They came in many shapes, sizes, styles and colors back in the day. But before they were merely wearable art, hats were indications of status and protected one from the elements. Women were required to wear them as a means of looking "appropriately dressed." When I don my vintage hats nowadays, I receive very strange looks.

What happened to these beautiful creatures? They are rarely if not ever seen adorned atop of a person's head. I have found myself collecting these lost art forms--secretly wishing that we have a resurgence in hat fashion, where it is an acceptable fashion accessory. Check out the latest unique revivals with Bonnie's Knitting, Katarina Couture, Creations by Gail, and Hey Sailor! Hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment