Thursday, October 22, 2009

Different Strokes, Different Jokes

I recently moved from Austin, TX to San Antonio, TX. Only an hour by distance, but worlds away by the vibe. I thought the best way to illustrate the slight differences were by way of fashion styling. Obviously Fall 2009 has it in big for shiny satin fabrics, bib necklaces, layered chains, detailed belts and pleated, ruched clothing. Although both cities have their own unique wonderful offerings, both are also undergoing unusual growing pains. I couldn't help but poke fun at both.
Austin: "Nice loft. What do you do for a living to afford this kind of lifestyle?"
San Antonio: "If I hold out my purse one direction, it will provide a counter-balance to my sexy flamingo stance."
Austin: "You want to dance with me? I know I'm hot, but I'll look flattered."
San Antonio: "It's a tough job as a secretary, but if I dress right, my boss just might take me out for some shots of Stolichnaya."
Austin: "I think about so many things going on in this world that I forget who I am."
San Antonio: "I have a younger 'hippie' sister who lives in Austin who just doesn't know who she is. At least I know that if I look like a bejeweled Pomeranian, I'll woo everyone at tonight's social soiree."

Show me your city's local magazine fashion shots. Better yet...show them to me with your own sarcastic jokes.
(images via Tribeza & SA Woman magazines)

1 comment:

  1. Omg. San Antonio. B thought that you found 80's magazines. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete