Monday, November 23, 2009

Coupling Fashion Methods

Once upon a time, roughly thirteen years ago, I lived in Finland for about one month. I loved the Finns' sense of humor, their views of friends and family as priority, and their inclination toward the unusual...especially in fashion. I remember walking around in Helsinki in awe with the "anything goes" mentality. No fashion rules. And having no fashion rules allows creativity. It wasn't until 2006 that I discovered Hel Looks. Think Satorialist and Fruits, but documented strictly in Finland.

I couldn't help but take interest in the lovebirds on Hel Looks. The guy/gal pairings were different...yet similar. Couples in love, Finnish style. Does fashion play a role in the laws of attraction?










(All images via www.hel-looks.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment