Friday, February 3, 2012

Waking up to Gray

Ah, wintertime. It's gray out there. It's quiet. It's serene. It's quite a nice change.
(photo via Art & Facts)

Since the weather was fairly miserable one weekend, I began a "spring" cleaning of my closet. Suddenly it dawned on me as to how many clothing items I've acquired that are gray. I then developed a complex. Have I become that boring? Am I playing it safe with fashion? I've made a pact with myself to constantly live an exciting life--both in terms of actions and fashion!

For juicy rationalization, gray is a terrific neutral color. Simply put, gray would be the brainchild of mixing together any pairing of complimentary colors. It's simply a backdrop, or blank canvas for the layering about to take place.

Now let's play. I scoured the internet for affordable, eye-popping inspiration for both men and women.
 +  
  +  
Add a touch of Ben Silver accessories at the neck (or similar color/design motif on the cheap)

+  
Add some funk to that stiff suit with colored tights and a retro pair of shoes

  +  
Men, catch that gal's eyes with a sock surprise

  +  
Ladies, add some color at that waist to sass up your blessed hourglass figure

+
 (or) 
There are so many fun men's buckle out there. Take advantage of the handmade artistry and go get yourself one!


In short, accessories matter. In general, they don't cost much and can really transform that "safe" outfit to a "hot" outfit. Don't let gray get you down ever again. Happy winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment