Monday, July 27, 2009

Taking the Off-Fence

We all need space--creating our distance and privacy from others in this small urban world. What better to divide but with a fence. But not just your ordinary fence. (If I see another white picket fence, I'm going to ram my car into it.) It's time to grow past the standard epitome of the "American Dream" and think up some new ways of dividing and conquering. These two designs that I passed by recently are two great examples of using materials that are re-used. One is natural and the other manmade.
This is one of my favorite designs. Simply stack rocks in between parallel-mounted hogwire fencing. Instant privacy.
With the amount of consuming and producing that we create, what happens to the shells or skeletons of sheet metal that pieces and parts are torch-cut from? This is a terrific method of re-use while keeping a line drawn on what's yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment