Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Twofer One Deal

Ideas are one of those unexplainable and invisible fields that come to us from nowhere. We love the thought of new and creative methods in going about our lives. Not to say that bad ideas don't exist, but about 98 % of ideas appear to be terrific thoughts, right off the bat.

When combining my ideas with my instinctive ability to save money, I consider myself thrifty. Some may say I could be a cheapskate. Though a term with negative connotation, I believe a cheapskate is a good quality, especially when times are tough. (Ah-hem.)

This post starts off the first of my series of Cheapskate Tips. These are tried and true tips that cost very little--or free--and are as good as the real deal.
Cheapskate Tip #1: Hit up your local thrift store at least once per week. Many corporate retail outlets donate items that don't sell on their "Sale" racks. These donations of brand new clothing is a tax write-off deluxe. Take advantage of this inventory.

I found this Express skirt that apparently was on sale for $64.99 according to the tag that was on it at the retail store. Cheap right? The Goodwill tag had a price of $2.99. The upper portion of the skirt had a terrific smocked structure and design. It dawned on me that it would make a terrific strapless summer dress. Just added a belt to cinch in the waist. All in all, a great-looking summer outfit all for the price of $2.99 plus tax! When you feel great, spend this little, and your money spent goes toward a cause, there is not a better feeling out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment